A provider is seeing a patient who may be newly prescribed a Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) during their visit or is continuing a current course of treatment that includes a CDS.
- CDS prescribers and/or their delegates should register for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) via CRISP.
- Check the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) when:
a. Starting a patient on an opioid or benzodiazapine regimen.
b. At least every 90 days while the patient is on that course of treatment.
- Log into Unified Landing Page and search for patient.
a. Required search fields are: First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
- Choose the patient you would like to view.
a. You have the option of viewing PDMP data for more than one patient at the same
time, by selecting multiple patients.
- Document relevant information into your native Electronic Medical Record (EMR) (provider or delegate) – **Required per PDMP mandate**